The July contest is here and so has arrived another chance at free Pocket Aces merchandise! This time, we’re off to the Spaaaa! Saratoga promises to bring great racing every year and 2019 will be no exception.
This time the event has been stretched out to cover four days and a variety of different stakes races. As last time, here are the listed rules:
- Selections will be submitted through Survey Monkey. All contestants will choose ONE horse to place a mythical $1 WPS (win, place, show) wager on for each race. This is for math purposes because I hate it and will be calculating results by hand.
- Once you have all your selections, you’ll submit the form and your entry will be recorded. Please note: there are no changes after you press send, so double, triple, quadruple check before pressing that button. No exceptions. In the case of a scratch or DNF result of your horse after selections are submitted, you will be automatically moved to the post-time favorite.
- The Survey Monkey link opens Thursday, July 25. Selections are recorded until 11:00AM EST on Saturday, July 27. The link will be closed and no further entries will be recorded. No exceptions. Do not be late!
- In the event of a tie, all entries will also be submitting an answer for the tie-breaker question. The closest will be the winner.
- The person with the highest bankroll at the end of the series will be claiming the grand prize! There will be consolation prizes for the top five behind them.
The prizes are as follows:
I know many people might not be able to afford past performances for all the races, but you can access pretty good information through Equibase. The account is free to make and they provide a lot of good information through their “entries plus” feature, so take advantage of it along with the basics provided in the entry form. Click here to make an account!
The NYRA (New York Racing Association) website also provides a lot of good information including meeting statistics, if you like to use those in your handicapping. Click here for that!
Here are the races to handicap for the contest:
- July 27: $350,000 Gr. I Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (6f dirt)
- July 27: $250,000 Gr. II Bowling Green (1 3/8m turf)
- July 27: $600,000 Gr. II Jim Dandy (1 1/8m dirt)
- July 28: $200,000 Gr. II Amsterdam (6.5f dirt)
Good luck everyone!