Mark your calendars and prepare your past performances, here come those details about the handicapping challenge that was announced early last week on the social media pages!
If you missed out on the trivia challenge last month, your chance to win Pocket Aces gear has arrived for the month of June! The grand prize this time around is a canvas portrait of your favorite Pocket Aces horse*. If there is no “non-racing” picture of them and you want one, I will get out and get one for you.
Now, to the expanded rules:
- Selections will be submitted through Survey Monkey, just like with the trivia event. All contestants will choose ONE horse to place a mythical $1 WPS (win, place, show) wager on for each race. This is for math purposes because I hate it and will be calculating results by hand.
- Once you have all your selections, you’ll submit the form and your entry will be recorded. Please note: there are no changes after you press send, so double, triple, quadruple check before pressing that button. No exceptions. In the case of a scratch or DNF result of your horse after selections are submitted, you will be automatically moved to the post-time favorite.
- The Survey Monkey link opens tomorrow (Thursday, June 6) at 11am EST. Selections are due BEFORE the first race at Belmont Park goes off at 11:35am EST on Saturday. The link will be closed and no further entries will be recorded. No exceptions. Do not be late!
- In the event of a tie, all entries will also be submitting their guess for the final time of the Belmont Stakes. The closest will be the breaker.
- The person with the highest bankroll at the end of the ten race series will be the winner of the grand prize! There will be consolation prizes for the top five behind the winner.
As a side note, I know many people might not be able to afford past performances for all the races listed below, but you can access pretty good information through Equibase. The account is free to make and they provide a lot of good information through their “entries plus” feature, so take advantage of it along with the basics provided in the entry form. Click here to make an account!
There is a prize for the person who refers the most amount of people to participate! You don’t have to be the winner of the contest to collect it, so share with everyone you think might be interested in playing along with us!
The races in this series are all the stakes races, so as follows:
- Race 3: $150,000 Easy Goer S. (Dirt)
- Race 4: $700,000 Just A Game S. (Turf)
- Race 5: $700,000 Ogden Phipps S. (Dirt)
- Race 6: $400,000 Jaipur Invitational (Turf)
- Race 7: $700,000 Acorn S. (Dirt)
- Race 8: $400,000 Woody Stephens (Dirt)
- Race 9: $1,200,000 Met Mile (Dirt)
- Race 10: $1,000,000 Manhattan S. (Turf)
- Race 11: $1,500,000 Belmont Stakes (Dirt)
- Race 13: $400,000 Brooklyn Invitational (Dirt)
Good luck everyone!
*Please limit your selection to a horse currently in the stable, all listed on their website here.